XLR8 Wake Shaper
Turn Your Boat into a Surf Machine! Engineered Wedge-Style performance shaper that is easy for 1 person to install from inside the boat plus compact “glove-box” size storage. Best shaper for both skim & surf style riders. Patent pending design grows & accelerates your wake for a larger sweet spot with more push. Great for big air, tricks & more wake to play with for those new to the sport. Strongest suction cups on the market make it easy to switch to either side of the boat. If you drop it in the water, It floats. Rotating lanyard loop to better protect your boat’s finish. Easy to grip handle. Tool-Free.
- Engineered wedge-style performance wake surf shaper that is easy for one person to install from inside the boat plus compact “glove box” size storage.
- Best wake shaper for both skim & surf style riders. Other shapers are water deflectors. XLR8 is a “water director” managing water flow with engineered shapes instead of flat plastic panels.
- Patented design grows & accelerates your wake for a larger sweet spot with more push.
- Great for Tricks and Big Airs, a Taller, longer and wide Wake with massive Push for experts and beginners.
- Strongest suction cups on the market make it easy to switch to either side of the boat and it Floats. Made in USA.
- Rotating, adjustable lanyard loop
- THIS PRODUCT IS FOR:
Inboard, V-Drive or Forward Drive Boats
- SPACE REQUIREMENTS:
A flat space, on the hull of your boat at or below the waterline near the stern
The minimum space requirement is: 12.5″ x 4.5″
This flat space should be clear of thick decals
Available in Blue, Red, Silver and Black
XLR8 has the strongest suction cups on the market—they even have built-in release tabs. But It won’t get lost if you drop it in the water—it floats! Tool-free, easy-to-remove fins, easy to switch to either side of the boat. 180-degree rotation lanyard makes hook-up easy on either side of the boat. XLR8 also allows you to up the wake amplitude on boats with built-in surf systems. Other surf wake shapers are water deflectors. this is a water director, managing water flow with engineered shapes, not flat plastic panels. Great for big air, tricks & more wake to play with for those new to the sport. See how Easily the Tidal Wake XLR8 Fin Attaches – No Tools Needed! (CLICK HERE)
See XLR8 Kicking Up s Surf Wake on a Jet Boat! https://youtu.be/sVZg3UoZ6g8
Fits: Engineered for inboard, “V” or forward drive boats.
Needs a flat surface of 12.5 x 4.5” to mount
Colors: Metallic Silver with Red, Blue or Black Fin
Dimensions: Body size is approximately 14” x 4.5”
Weight: 2.9 lbs
7 28685 75635 6 SILVER/BLACK/SILVER
7 28685 75634 9 SILVER/BLUE/BLUE
7 28685 75633 2 SILVER/RED/RED
Construction: Plastic, MADE IN USA
Tidal Wake Shaper -Keep You Surfing Warranty Tidal Wake 1-year Limited Wake Shaper Warranty
We stand behind our products and want to keep you surfing! Tidal Wake Shapers are warrantied against manufacturing defects for 1 year from the date of purchase. We will repair or replace any part that is defective provided the device was installed / removed correctly and was in normal and proper use according to the instruction manual.
Tidal Wake covers normal, non-commercial use for 1 year from the purchase date. To activate the manufacturer warranty, you must register your product. Mail a copy of your original purchase receipt and the completed warranty card form within 60 days of purchase to:
Tidal Wake WARRANTY, McNaughton Inc, 10700 Highway 55 #260, Plymouth, MN 55441
If for any reason you have a problem let us know! To receive warrantied parts, please email email@example.com and provide:
1. original proof of purchase (order copy or sales receipt)
2. a photo of the defective part
3. a current address.
How does Tidal Wake work?
Tidal Wake Shaper attaches to the side of your boat and disrupts the water flow that extends behind the boat, creating the wake. When the wake on one side of the boat is destructed, the wake on the other side of the boat can grow. The big Surf Wake is generated on the opposite side of the boat where the Tidal Wake Shaper is installed.
Do I have to modify my boat?
NO! That is a great thing about Tidal Wake Portable Wake Shaper. It simply attaches to the hull of your boat with custom engineered Tidal Wake Pro-suction cups. They are super strong and will not leave any marks on your hull. When you are done surfing, simply lift the levers and remove Tidal Wake.
Why is Tidal Wake XLR8 Different?
- XLR8 creates a big wake with more push and a longer sweet spot.
- XLR8 has a wedge-style shape and ingenious fin design that redirects and accelerates water flow away from the boat to create BIG, CLEAN WAKES on the surfside. The two angled, DIRECTIONAL TUNNEL FIN acts like a power funnel, making the wake up to 50% FASTER. This extra-large fin channel water further back for MORE PUSH and a LONGER SWEET SPOT.
- EASY TO INSTALL AND MOVE – Easy for one person to install from inside the boat and quick to move from side-to-side to accommodate both regular and goofy stance surfers. XLR8 has ENGINEERED SUCTION CUPS that are the strongest on the market. To fine-tune your wake profile, move XLR8 to different places forward and aft or up and down on the hull.
- HYDRO-DYNAMIC BODY directs water flow to the fin so it can do its job
- Our TOOL-FREE, REMOVABLE FIN lays flat in its tote so it FITS IN YOUR GLOVE BOX when not in use.
- And No Worries if you drop it in the water — IT FLOATS!
- ROTATING LANYARD LOOP puts the lanyard clip in the direction of your clete and keeps the lanyard from unnecessarily hanging across your boats finish
- EASY TO GRAB HANDLE – no fumbling on how to hold XLR8 when carrying or installing
- MADE IN USA – XLR8 is DURABLE and comes a 1 year WARRANTY against defects when properly installed and used
- A professionally engineered after-market Wake Shaper that is AFFORDABLE PRICED that is DURABLE
- SAVES FUEL over larger, heavier and more vertical style wake shapers
Do I need any tools?
None! Tidal Wake attaches to your boat without tools and you can attach or remove the fin without tools. Our proprietary locking mechanism requires a simple twist of the locking tab to release or lock-in the fin.
Does it Float?
YES, like a bobber! However, we suggest using a lanyard in the event you accidentally forget to remove your Tidal Wake and take off across the lake for a cruise. The suction cups are super strong, but Tidal Wake is not made for high speed boating. In the event you forgot about this little buddy, and it comes off your boat, a lanyard will assure you still have it instead of retracing your tracks on a search mission. By the way, our lanyard is designed for low-re-coil, meaning that when deployed, the incidence of it bouncing back at you is substantially reduced. Another Fun Fact — the rotating lanyard loop allows you to move the lanyard attachment to a good position based on where you are mounting your Tidal Wake. This prevents having to route the lanyard around your Wake Shaper.
How do I store my Wake Shaper on my boat?
Great Question! That is one of the best features of Tidal Wake. Big Wake performance on the Boat, Compact Storage in its Tote. Because Tidal Wake’s fin is removable it stores in a compact footprint. Simply remove the fin and place it in the fin pocket of the bag, then slide in the body, & zip it shut. Tidal Wake Shaper’s compact tote will fit in many glove boxes. Tote size is roughly 14 x 4 x 8.
"You guys have great customer service!"
Bryan in Minnesota
"I would recommend your wake shaper to anybody who has a Malibu VLX"
Truly, Craig in Washington
"You guys have great customer service!"
Tidal Wake Customer
"The Tidal Wake Shaper is for real people! ... Best add-on we’ve ever purchased for our boat hands down! My family thanks you Tidal Wake! "
Joe in Utah
"I ordered a Tidal Wake XLR8 about month ago and have been extremely pleased with the this product and the company as a whole. Jamie was very helpful in offering support for their product when I had questions, and the wave that the XLR8 creates has us surfing and enjoying the water in a new, and fun way. If you are considering purchasing a Wake Shaper you should definitely consider a Tidal Wake! Five Stars from me!!!!"
Drew H in Idaho
The XLR8 Wake Shaper makes an Amazing Wave... we are so happy with it!
Chris S. - Montanta